Saturday 14 July 2012

Fake World,Fake Britain?

My studying of varieties of Literature at the University of Zimbabwe left me very equiped mentally among other things for the world's stupid ways and attitude towards other people. The course was so robust nothing was left out-from African literature,the Carribean literature,African American to English Literature.  It feels so good because I was not restricted to one type of genre.It was our desire to know that kept us on top of the game.We read everything that was there to read - from ''Roots'' to Walter Rodney's ''How Europe underdeveloped Africa''. What I learnt is priceless and has made me the person I am today.

Some of the things I read were really intense and the truth be said, I am not a racist but what you got in Literature had the potential of making anybody angry but I learnt at the time that emotions do not help anybody but could create an undesirable hatred which might lead to racism The world I was brought in was so innocent. Born towards the end of the war of liberation in Zimbabwe, we were a generation that only read of what happens in other countries or watch on television which is different from those form other parts of Africa born in the middle of a war. I heard of Apartheid and because I was young, it did not mean a thing , all I know is it was evil. As read all thes with slave trade and books like ''Scotsboro boys'', ''Roots'', ''Heart of Darkness'' among many others I began to understand  what a piece of work man is. At first I did what everyone does, anger but I realise that whosoever think they are better than others are simply ignorant and selfish people who lack understanding of the true nature of life. Anger is a virus that can destroy so I don't let people who say or think like what  I am about to say anger me.I would not give them the chance to drag me that route. I think therefore I am,so does yellow or white people. I refuse to let anyone see or think of me as less than them.

Recently a very close friend sent this to me,

.....The fact that blacks look like human beings and act like human beings do not necessarily make them sensible human beings. Hedgehogs are not porcupines and lizards are not crocodiles simply because they look alike. If God wanted us to to be equal to the Blacks,he would have created us all of a uniform colour and intellect. But he created us  differently; Whites, Blacks,Yellow, Rulers and the ruled. Intellectually we are superior to the Blacks,that has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt over the years........By now every one of us has seen it practically that the blcks cannot rule themselves. Give them guns they kill each other.They are good in nothing else but making noise,dancing,marrying many wives and indulging in sex. Let us all accept that the black man is the symbol of poverty, mental inferiority , laziness and emotional incomptence

.......And here is a creature ( black man ) that lacks fore sight...

This was a speech made by P.W Botha in 1985. What a speech! Besides being racist which is obvious,  this speech was poisonous and evil. It goes to show you how fake people are. To actually justify apartheid and any form of racism like that is utter stupidity. Unfortunately even in 2012 there are peole who think like Botha but try to hide it by pretending to be politicall correct. Much as they don't say things like that in speeches ,they do say and show it in their actions. I have been in England for seven years and I see it everyday. Those who do it don't say it directly but try to say because they laugh or talk to Black people they there fore are not racist.

Even with dancing and having more wives,is  not there no intelligence in that? Even the athletes like Jessie Owens and Bolt, is there no intelligence in what they do? Was there no intelligence in Muhamad Ali,the great in the fights he won?

Don't get me wrong, racism is both ways but that of some of the white skinned is far more insulting as it inevitably reminds one of slave trade and the segregation of South Africa and even the States.

Call me crazy,I had to say something because this speech reminded me how far we have come and how much far we still have to learn as human beings. John Terry, England, Chelsea player is facing charges for racially insulting another player. His defence -he was provoked. Do you say  racist things when you are provoked or it is something one keeps in the subconcious? Is it not like saying bad things to a friend when you are drunk and then hide by saying it was the drink talking? What has been his attitude to black people all along?
Racism is racism whether one has been provoked or not. Legislation in the UK has not changed anything. People do fake it. In work places minority groups especially blacks and Asians are still not getting enough opportunities. Even in offices you hear comments.

Yet people pretend and will still pretend.

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment